Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mid-Term Essay

Last week we watched many documentaries. Honestly I hate documentaries now and days because so many of them try and use fear to scare you into believing what they are telling us about. Certain documentaries are very informative and you can learn a lot from them but most I feel are just doing all they possibly can to get you to believe everything that they do. Its really sad when you can't just try and speak to people normally. What happened to people having their own opinion and not being scared into believing others. I hate PETA. Simply because all they do is try and pull guilt trips on you. Nintendo recently released a new Mario game and in this game he uses his tanooki suit



Peta tried to say that Mario skin tanooki's for their fur and then wears it they relased a game also
http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/
In addition to this game is a gruesome video of a tanooki being skinned alive and it was gut wrenching. I may be getting pretty side tracked so back to documentaries. The Food Inc documentary we watched was very informative. It was the truth, they didn't try to scare us vegan. They just narrated the cold hard truth to us. And it hurt hearing about hoe animals are mistreated and how huge corporations treat farmers who prepare food from them; to fill their greedy pockets. I don't know to stop eating McDonalds would be too tough for a big boy like myself.


 To tell you the truth I would love to not eat meat to help the animals being miss-treated. BUT meat tastes WAY too good for me to give it up. I don't see what so wrong with these corporations to shell out more money to have the animals get better treatment and die in less cruel way. I would shell out and extra  1. 50 for a big mac if it helped the animals.



Its funny how much the truth hurts. You can tell if a documentary was a good one if you question everything you believe without feeling like it was forced. You finish watching with with your mouth open wide with astonishment at how much they were blind too. Documentaries like Food Inc make me want to better myself not just for my own sake but for the sake of others and that's why it really spoke to me. But I normally hate documentaries so this whole essay might be really biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment